- When was Jellycat founded?Creating original and innovative soft toys in London since 1999, Jellycat continues to combine luxurious fabrics with designs that are sometimes quirky, sometimes cute but always with a little something different that makes them stand out from the crowd! The name Jellycat was dreamt up by a child who loved jellies and cats and giggled at the thought of the two together. The silliness of the name was a great reflection of the design and so it stuck!
- Where does Jellycat originate from?
Jellycat have designed in the UK since the beginning and continue to work with designers in London and around the country. The small range launched with in 1999 was individual and most unusual, announcing Jellycat as a soft toy creator with a difference. Since then Jellycat have continued to work hard to combine the coolest designs with the most luxurious of fabrics in the process creating thousands of wonderfully innovative soft toys.
- What age range is Jellycat suited for?
All of Jellycat's toys are tested for any age suitability. This means that unless the toy carries a specific safety recommendation or suitability message, a Jellycat toy is safe for all ages - from birth to 100 years old (and beyond!)
- Where can I find safety information for my Jellycat?
Every individual product page will have a product information tab. The first tab is a quirky fun description of the toy. The second tab entitled “Safety & Care” is where you will find all the safety information relevant to the particular toy and any recommendations. These recommendations will also be attached to the toy itself, on a hangtag, when it arrives with you. Please do keep this hangtag for future reference.
- Are Jellycat toys tested?
All Jellycat toys are tested to the European Safety Standard (EN71 parts 1, 2 & 3), and the US Safety Standard (ASTM) for items sold within the USA.
- Can I give a Jellycat toy to a baby?
All Jellycat toys are tested to the European Safety Standard (EN71 parts 1, 2 & 3), and the US Safety Standards (ASTM) for all ages and are suitable from birth except where they have an age recommendation hang-tag. Please check all hang tags of any item purchased before giving to a child.
- How do I look after a Jellycat?
With lots of love and attention! Unless otherwise stated on the sew-in label, we recommend a surface wash of all Jellycat toys with soap and rinsed with cool water. Then for the fur to be dried with a hair dryer with little or no heat. Some soothers and comforters are suitable for a cool machine wash - please check the sew-in label.